I have built imap-2006e.DEV.SNAP-0612181824 as 64 bit and unfortunately, the imapd process does nto work any better than it did with the 2006d version. The symptoms are that an initiall connection is established but then nothing regarding the account is sent back to the client mail app and the imapd daemon terminates. There is nothing helpful in the syslog or anywhere else that I can find - not even a core file. I have to way to pace the connection in order to get a truss output.

I am assuming that Mark has incorporated Jorgen's patches as he posted?

I have not tried building a version of 2006d with Jorgen's patches applied yet.

I can report that (thankfully) the c-client library is working correctly in both 2006d and 2006e.DEV.SNAP-0612181824.

As it turns out, I had made an assumption that the c-client library was not working properly as a result of the effects of the imapd process. Upon further testing with another, production imap server I found that the c-client is working correctly. This isolates the problems to the imapd process which fails to function when compiled as a 64 bit application. It works just fine in 32 bit when compiled with exactly the same configuration.

I can report that the c-client library, built 64 bit is working properly with php as a shared library. So far I have built and tested 2006c1, 2006d and 2006e.DEV.SNAP-0612181824 and they are all working well. I have not detected any bugs.

So main the 64 bit issue issue seems to be the imapd process. I think Jorgen found some items that looked very promising but for some reason the 2006e.DEV.SNAP-0612181824 version is not working any better than the 2006d version.

Mark Crispin wrote:
Thanks for the information that Solaris has the socklen_t issue with 64-bit.

The Solaris osdep file in the latest imap-2006e development snapshot now has the necessary compensation code, which also is used in some other ports (BSD, Mac OS X, modern Linux).

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Untitled Document
Bob Atkins
President/CEO

DigiLink, Inc.
Business Inter-net-working
The Cure for the Common ISP!

Phone: (310) 577-9450
Fax: (310) 577-3360
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

begin:vcard
fn:Bob Atkins
n:Atkins;Bob
org:DigiLink, Inc.
adr;dom:Suite 408;;4676 Admiralty Way;Marina Del Rey;CA;90292
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:President/CEO
tel;work:310-577-9450
tel;fax:310-577-3360