On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Joel Reicher wrote:

Is there any particular need for maildir?

Other than that it would let me use pine's aggregate sorting, grouping,
and saving functions to re-sort things after I'd have used the dozens of
tools available to convert a unix mailbox to mailder (which mailutil
won't do for the same reason I can't open the file in pine)....

No.

I still don't follow. Why can't you do these things in pine with other
formats? Why maildir, in particular?

Because mailutil can't split the files, and other tools that CAN are made to do so to the MailDir format.

-Dan

--

"Check it out, it's just like Christmas.  Except it sucks."

-Jason Seguerra, 3/2/05