On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Joel Reicher wrote:
In the normal case, if the mix INBOX does not exist but a traditional UNIX
mailbox format spool directory file exists, it will deliver to the latter
rather than creating the mix INBOX.  [The actual rules are a lot more
complex than this...]
You mean what's in doc/drivers.txt?

tmail actually has special rules over and above the c-client rules described in doc/drivers.txt

So in my case, with
CREATEPROTO=mbxproto, ~/INBOX is created when tmail falls through to
the dummy driver?

Yes.

By the way, why do you have both "P" and "r" in the example of the
local mailer definition? As far as I can tell it's not breaking an RFC
to finish one trace block and start another, but my understanding is that
a return-path indicates the message has left the SMTP environment, and
having it in there twice suggests it re-entered and left again.

To be honest, I forget.  ;-)

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc