Hmm...I guess it depends on how you think of it. If I had 1GB inbox with 10MB dataroll, that's 100 files that get touched every day, with a 20MB data roll, that's 50 files. If I'm going to be making backups anyway on all these files, then I would rather have bigger file sizes so that I don't have such large number of files in each directory.

Or, most people update messages that are more recent. If I aggregated them into one file, then 1 or 2 files are back'ed up each day. vs a larger number of files if I had smaller dataroll.

--
Nancy Lin                        DECF