On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:23:52 -0700, Bob Atkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>That said - purging deleted messages is a big problem in general. It
>seems mail clients never purge and never empty the trash folders and the
>average user is clueless as to the concept of purging or compacting
>their mail folders.

>One of the biggest problems that IMAP services present from a system
>management perspective is the fact that users haven't a clue how much
>disk space they are using

You can't rely on users to clean house.

Nightly, I purge all INBOX messages older than 40 days, other folders
120 days.  That keeps a clean house.

It's a simple program using the cclient library.  I think I posted it
some time ago.  It's free for the asking.

--
Internet service
http://www.isp2dial.com/