> One thing I haven't set up yet is greylisting.  It sounds very
> effective, but I have some users that depend on being able to receive
> an e-mail immediately (e.g. while they're on the phone with the
> sender), and get quite annoyed when there's a significant delay.  I
> know, that's not how e-mail is supposed to work, but who am I to tell
> them that?  Still, I do want to do greylisting in certain cases; I
> just haven't gotten around to setting it up yet.

Many greylisting implementations allow the application of it on a per-user
basis, so the users who won't ever tolerate the delay aren't forced to
suffer it. On the other hand, all greylisting implementations that I know
of permit (and probably recommend) whitelisting, so you can eliminate
many delays once you have some history.

Personally, I think greylisting is very close to being a final solution
for spam. While working around it is certainly not impossible, it makes
sending spam just a little bit more expensive, and expense is really the
only disincentive that's ever going to work, IMHO.

Cheers,

        - Joel