Never mind, I see that I can do a ".select foldername" to refresh the cache.

Regards,
Shawn

On 12/17/2009 11:37 AM, Shawn Walker wrote:
How does the client tell the server to refresh the message flags?  The
client is multithreaded and that we have multiple connections to the
server (2). We have a situation where the client mark a message as read
in one thread, but when the synchronize the folder, the client send ".
UID FETCH 15402 FLAGS", the server send back "* 5261 FETCH (FLAGS
(\Answered) UID 15402)" which mean that the message is unseen for that
connection.

Obviously the IMAP server is caching the flags for the connection, but I
need it to dump the cache or refresh the message cache, but without
logging out and log back in every time the client want to get the
message flags.

Regards,
Shawn