On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Timo Sirainen wrote:
A server that requires use of the NOOP command to synchronize is broken.
Sure, but there are such servers. For example Cyrus. Actually in Cyrus
it seems to work in a rather weird way:

session 1: 1 store * +flags \seen
(session 2 won't see this change, no matter what it does.)

session 1: 2 noop
(session 2 still won't see the change with fetch flags.)

session 2: 3 noop
(now session 2 finally gets the untagged FETCH FLAGS reply.)

In that case, Cyrus is broken. I'll point that out to Ken Murchison the next time I talk with him.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc