Absolutely not.  Messages in IMAP are immutable.

Larry Osterman

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnt Gulbrandsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 1:44 AM
To: IMAP Interest List
Subject: Re: possible draft 19 changes for sequence

Mark Crispin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The messages still exist, and will continue to exist until the
> untagged EXPUNGEs are transmitted.  RFC 2180 offers NO as an option;
> however I contend (and empirical evidence has shown) that OK is what
> works best. RFC 2180 offers three ways that OK can happen:
>  3) allow it and return a dummy (mostly NIL) representation.

Hm. Is the server even allowed to give different responses to two FETCH
commands for the same item?

        C: a FETCH 1 RFC822.SIZE
        S: * 1 FETCH (RFC822.SIZE 12345)
        S: a OK
        C: b IDLE
        S: +
        S: DONE
        S: b OK
        C: c FETCH 1 RFC822.SIZE
        S: * 1 FETCH (RFC822.SIZE 42)
        S: c OK

(42 being a suitable RFC822.SIZE for a dummy message.)

--Arnt