From: Mark Crispin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 11:22 PM
To: Timo Sirainen
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: speaking of storing flags

On Mon, 28 Jan 2003, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Multiple
> connections eat more memory and more network resources.

How did you arrive at this conclusion?  I suggest that you have fallen
prey to an urban myth.  Like most myths, there is a vestige of
historical truth; in the NCP protocol used prior to 1983, network
connections did consume costly resources.  This was one of the things
that TCP fixed.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc