On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 02:53, Rodney Price wrote:
> It appears that I have three options:
>
> 1. Encourage client vendors to change this practice.
>
> 2. Announce new messages to all connections promptly.
>
> 3. Take Timo suggestion and notice the message underneath.

> Two is the most compliant solution, but will still will not solve the problem with
> out changes from at least Evolution.

I actually just fixed that in Evolution.

> Will three cause issues with other clients or cause our IMAP server to violate the
> RFC?

If client asks something that violates RFC, I think server is allowed to
reply whatever it wants.

The way my server does it is that it accepts UIDs even for messages that
client hasn't been notified yet, but '*' in messagesets still refers to
the last notified message.