Timo Sirainen writes:
How is keeping client state in mind with SEARCH any different than with
FETCH?

The UID SEARCH command takes MSNs as arguments, yet is not covered by the restrictions 3501 5.5 imposes on FETCH, STORE and SEARCH. Therefore a client can conceivably send MSNs that have become invalid by the time the server parses them. (Unless I am much mistaken - see my other mail.)

The SEARCH command and the UID SEARCH command have the same syntax. Quite properly IMO, but it does mean that what's legal for one should be legal for the other.

--Arnt