Mark Crispin wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Rob Siemborski wrote:

Indeed, I'd argue such a server (which does not have the \NoSelect with no
children case) is equally correct with an implementation that does not
omit foo/ from the list, since none of this special treatment of trailing
hierarchy delimiters (outside of CREATE) is discussed in the protocol
specifications.

That is a problem; doing so creates ambiguity and misleads clients into
incorrect behavior.  We should not be recklessly making IMAP more
ambiguous and less useful.

For those of us still trying to understand the downsides of this, can you provide an example of how such "ambiguity" would case incorrect client behavior?

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127