--On 2004-1-6 7:32 PM -0500 Pete Maclean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

While we are on the subject of clarification, I am moved to suggest
one other related area where I think some clarification would be
beneficial.  That is to specify the minimum requirements for a
mailstore to be suitable for use with an IMAP server.

I disagree. That would be the same as saying we need a set of minimum requirements for a filesystem that supports SQL.

The IMAP protocol stands alone, and is independent of the underlying infrastructure. Anything that violates that layering principal is doomed to seeing the rapid end of the clue bat.

--lyndon