On 7 Jan 2004 at 19:29, Mark Crispin wrote:

> I'm surprised that you report that Exchange doesn't return a name that has
> inferiors when you use the % wildcard.  You should see the form without
> the trailing hierarchy delimiter in that case.  I don't see how a client
> could navigate Exchange's hierarchy otherwise.

I don't have an Exchange server here (I won't allow either it or Outlook
anywhere on my premises), so I'm doing my testing on an account
"donated" by one of my beta testers. It's possible that I have no access
rights anywhere in the Exchange public folders hierarchy, but that
doesn't really explain why I *can* see the entire hierarchy when I use a
'*' wildcard.

I have a number of session traces here in case anyone is interested in
seeing them. This one has me more than a little confused, I must admit.

Cheers!

-- David --

  Box 5451, Dunedin, New Zealand | e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           Phone: +64 3 453-6880 | Fax: +64 3 453-6612

Real book titles from history (really!):
   "Irish Swordsmen of France".