On Nov 17, "H. Turgut Uyar" <u...@itu.edu.tr> wrote:

> It hasn't been an hour but it still works (with r752).

Good.  I can only assume that it's a problem on my remote system, then.

> I'm not sure whether I understand what the "sortable lists" are. Are
> they the links on the left saying "by type", "by rating" etc or
> something else?

Look at a person's page on IMDb, without logging in as a registered
user.  E.g.: http://akas.imdb.com/name/nm0437819/

You should see that filmography is sortable by years or rating,
and the data are presented using a large table, and not a list.

> How can I be sure about which type of HTML I'm getting?

If the current parser works, it means that a list (and not a table)
is served; normally I uncomment this line in parser/http/__init__.py (in
the retrieve_unicode method):
  ##print unicode(content, encode, 'replace').encode('utf8')
when I want to see what was fetched (then, I look at it to see if it
was accessed through the IMDbPYweb account).

But as said, looks like a problem on my other system.

I plan to release IMDbPY 4.3 tomorrow to fix the many bugs on movies'
pages.  After that, I'll introduce the parser for the new people's pages.
I already have something that works - more or less - but given the fact
that the "sortable" behaviour can be switched off for the IMDbPYweb,
I think it's ok to delay it until 4.4 (moreover the new "sortable" page
can change in the next weeks, being it an IMDb's experiment).

Thanks!
--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com> [GPG KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://erlug.linux.it/~da/