Andrew P. Kaplan wrote:
> Len,
>

>>>That's my setup the virus box is a dual pentium III
>

>>not much of a CPU for 250K msgs. What are memory and disk(s) on that box?
>

> 512meg and 10k rpm IDE. What type of box would you recommend for this amount
> of traffic. Assuming I got greylisting and got the messages down to 50k (
> assuming 80% blocking for 250K)

I would highly recommend using two inexpensive servers.  I'm using 2
DL360's G3 with 2 15k rpm 18 gb hard drives that are mirrored, 512MB ram
, and one 3GHz CPU with amavisd/clamav/SA/postgrey/SAV/ without any
problems at all.  These servers are each seeing about 150,000 msg/day.
They only cost like $2k each.

There's my .02...

-Russ
---