http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft/Edit_Policy

That looks reasonable to me.  However, I think it doesn't get across the
point of how long is reasonable to wait after comments have died down.
I believe that there is a huge expectation mismatch, with new people
eager to do an import thinking only a short time is necessary (48h can
be seen as 'taking your time'), and many other people thinking that a
week or so is necessary.  Not documenting this leads to crossed
expectations and unhappiness all around.

My impression is that there is an expectation that a week of review time
is needed.