On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Ben Abelshausen
<ben.abelshau...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 2) I'm not familiar with the addr.openstreetmap.fr tool, but it sounds
>> like it duplicates functionality of the OSM Tasking Manager. Have you
>> considered using that?
>>

> This tool works per street and also serves the data into JOSM. It's a bit
> more convenient than using the TM for this because everything is integrated
> and it's specifically for addresses.
>
> I helped with another import for the Central African Republic using the TM
> but we had to use an external tool to serve the external data per tile (job
> in question: http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/219).

OSM US is running a version of tasking manager that supports polygons for
jobs. For example, the (under review) New York City import:
http://tasks.openstreetmap.us/job/2

Sounds like the addr.osm.fr tool is all set up and working for you, but I
wanted to point it out in hopes that future work in this direction could be
consolidated.