Thanks, Singh ji, for pointing out.
I shall try to correct it by putting all such plants in 'Fabaceae' in order
to remove this confusion in "Indiantreepix Database'. Pl. point out if it is
not corrected in next upload of Database.

2009/9/18 singhg . <sin...@sify.com>

> This concerns the family names in our databases especially Flowers of India
>
> It does not make much difference which author you are following, but
> there is need for a consistent approach.
>
> Family Leguminosae is one of the largest families of flowering plants.
> Its new correct name is Fabaceae.
>
> We either divide the family into three subfamilies (Faboideae,
> Caesalpinioideae and Mimosoideae) and write just Fabaceae for all
> members.
>
> The second approach is to recognise all three as separate families:
> Fabaceae (now alternate name Papilionaceae not Leguminosae),
> Caesalpiniaceae and Mimosaceae; this classification is not followed in
> recent classifications, but no harm in using it as far as we are
> consistent.
>
> In Flowers of India website Acacia in placed under family Mimosaceae,
> whereas Adenanthera (of the same group) is placed under Fabaceae. I
> think this and other similar cases need to be corrected.
>
> Tabish ji to please take a note.
>

> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Department of Botany
> SGTB Khalsa College
> University of Delhi
> Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj
>        Vikas Puri
>        New Delhi-110018
> Phone: 011025518297
> Mobile: 9810359089

J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
(arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en