<https://archive.org/stream/revisionofgenfisher#page/444/mode/2up/search/cosmos+caudatus>
https://archive.org/details/*revision*ofgenfisher

https://archive.org/details/revisionofgenfisher
<https://archive.org/stream/revisionofgenfisher#page/444/mode/2up/search/cosmos+caudatus>

https://archive.org/stream/revisionofgenfisher#page/444/mode/2up/search/cosmos+caudatus

(above page most specific for C. diversifolius)

https://archive.org/stream/revisionofgenfisher#page/412/mode/2up/search/cosmos+caudatus

(above page most specific for C. caudatus

I have found a publication called 'Revsion of genus Cosmos' and given links
to 2 of the most specific pages wrt C. caudaus an C. diversifolius; However
most of the stuff is in Latin (I do not know Latin), some in English. As I
cannot read all of it - even parts specific to C. cudatus and diversifolius
- I do not want to hazard a guess. [All I can say is that achene of my
plant is 2-aristate.].

Kindly go through the same and give your views.

Regards,

Samir Mehta

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 5:42:37 PM UTC+5:30, Samir Mehta wrote:

> 'Rather than digging into keys of exotic flora, if we get to know the
> facts / history of their introduction, that may serve our purpose. I
> strongly believe only one of these was introduced in India.'
>
> I did read that in your initial mail but told myself - How does it matter?
> C. caudatus may have been introduced on a larger scale but there may have
> been introduction of C. diversifolius also (and not so well documented or
> by accident).
>
> It's also true that if you do not have a complete set of images / data you
> have limited choice.
>
> OK....Let's split the labour.... I try to dig out the keys / papers and
> you try dig out the historical facts!
>
> Regards,
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Samir, I marked a copy to Tabish because my plant features in Flowers of
>> India <http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Wild%20Cosmos.html>
>> :-)
>> He should be aware of the outcome of this discussion; he may even share
>> his thoughts.
>> Hopefully Shrikant ji also gives his thoughts.
>>
>> Rather than digging into keys of exotic flora, if we get to know the
>> facts / history of their introduction, that may serve our purpose. I
>> strongly believe only one of these was introduced in India.
>>
>> Regards.
>> Dinesh
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Samir Mehta <samirmeht...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I had relied on FoS for the id. Now that stands challenged – and for
>>> good reason.
>>>
>>> Point well taken; Agree with your concerns Dinesh.
>>>
>>> The two species seem to be very closely related. [I will post one
>>> Alisycarpus where I am having similar difficulty]
>>>
>>> Objective: is to take a bipartisan approach to resolving the id (not
>>> only two of us but the entire group - that's what a group is for in the
>>> first place).
>>>
>>> I suggest:
>>>
>>> 1. We try and get relevant keys of genus Cosmos.
>>> 2. Some scientific paper on the genus or something even more specific.