Dear Neil ji and Pardeshi ji
Now a million dollar question, especially to Neil ji.
I knew about both differences between T. cuneata (T.arjuna) and T. elliptica
(T. tomentosa): bark and nerves on fruit wings, but some books mention about
longer leaves, longer infl, and much extended wings (1-1.5 cm in T.
elliptica as against usually less than 5 mm in T. cuneata). My two uploaded
plants (Terminalia-1 and Terminalia-2), did show these differences but did
not have photographs of bark or wing nerves. How come Neil ji and some other
members were able to identify both as T. cuneata. I would love to know
that. Incidentally  both had smooth bark.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/