Thank you Mr. Garg. Sorry for the delay in replying. I was utilising my indoor
stay to look up more Viola resources. I am still not fully convinced that this
is Viola pilosa, especially if the other plants submitted by Saroj ji and
Anurag are also the same species. Please let me explain my doubts:

1. FOC says that the anterior petal is the shortest in V. pilosa, in my samples
it is not the case. In Anurag
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/indiantreepix/Uwu7e-CAMnM> and Saroj
ji’s <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/indiantreepix/b-0KWOphM8g> posts,
the anterior petal is visibly narrower and shorter than the rest. In this sense
they have a better claim to be V. pilosa than my sample.

2. The style in both posts projects well beyond the stamens and does not look
inflated. In my samples that is not the case.

3. The lateral sepals in both posts are conspicuously bearded at the base. In
my samples, the hair is difficult to see without magnification.

4. The flower colour in both posts is closer to white, agreeing with the V.
pilosa.  My samples are uniformly mauve and I have found only one
close-to-white flower amongst hundreds of plants.

I hope you understand my concern regarding this viola. I am at it for close to
five years and still not sure of its identity.

Thank you once again.

Warm regards,
Ashwini