Dear Alok: sorry... jesting at anybody is not my intention.... I was just
pointing it out that measuring device you used was very appropriate and
handy... with or without its magnifying capability....

so whether one has a macro of nikon's making or not.... one still needs to
provide the taxonomists with proper id related data, and in photography that
includes size....

please do not take it as a jest at anybody's expense...
if anything I tend to be self-deprecating....

most humbly yours, Usha di

*PS MAKESHIFT DEVICES** :* * * often are used by people who are more than
most innovative....  and in Medicine..its called off-list-use...often
awarding the innovator a second patent or an award... so please donot ever
think you are deprived...
you have an innovative brain, if you came up with this "second" use of the
linen testor.... or if you adopted it for taxonomic photography....accept my
good wishes....usha di....