I hope Neil ji meant to say *Syzygium caryophyllatum. *
I think it is not *Syzygium caryophyllatum, *considering the long petiole
and the shape of the leaf (I imagined the rest of the leaf with the
available leaf in the given picture).
Please have refer the link
http://www.biotik.org/india/species/s/syzycary/syzycary_en.html to have a
detailed look @ *Syzygium caryophyllatum*