Yesterday I happen to attend a slideshow/presentation where a botanist(Not
active on Net) showed a series of Terminalia leaves from different species.
She had tried to document the differences and characteristics of glands
indifferent individual species. What I learnt was T. bellerica often has
glands which are not at the base of the leaves but in the petiole itself
which appears slightly swollen midway in its length. It stimulated my
curiosity which made me write yesterday's request to Surajit.This is
something different than what Neil ji's observations. When I checked
elsewhere in whatever data available to me what I got is No glands in T.
bellerica. I will check with her again and if possible will try to collect
those pictures for opinion.

--
Dr Satish Phadke