Gary Mills wrote:

> Kenneth Murchison writes:
> >
> >Let's try to split the problem in half.  Compile the 'test' program in
> >the sieve directory.  Then grab one of the messages that you think it
> >should have responded to and your sieve script.  Run the 'test' program
> >using the message and script (it'll ask you for the envelope from: and
> >to: addresses) and see what it says.
>
> Well, this is interesting.  I used the actual message file and sieve
> script on the server...
>
>   # 7/sieve/test 6. /imap/sieve/m/mills/default                                <
>   Envelope body of 'to'? [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   Envelope body of 'from'? [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   Have I already responded to '923e65bff637fbf399403fa2628e9fb' in 7 days? no
>   echo 'On vacation for the next week' | mail -s 'Re: Seeing if this will work'
>'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' for message '6.'
>   notify msg = 'You have new mail
>
>   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   From: Gary Mills <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>   Subject: Seeing if this will work
>
>   Action(s) taken:
>   Sent vacation reply
>   ' with priority = medium
>   keeping message '6.'
>
> The test seems successful.  Does sieve actually use the `mail' command?

No, it uses /usr/lib/sendmail.

> That won't work on Solaris.  I don't see it in the source, so I suppose
> not.  Is there a way to get debugging messages from the live sieve?

Other than putting some in yourself, no.  It should complain in
/var/log/imapd.log if it has a problem, but you say that you aren't
seeing any errors in the log.  Are you seeing ANY messages in the log,
like connection message, etc?

Nothing obvious comes to mind, other than some deliverdb weirdness.
It's been a while since I've worked on the vacation code, so I'll have
to sleep on this one.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127