Kenneth Murchison writes:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> I found a typo in /etc/imapd.conf:
>>
>> < lmtpsocket:           /var/run/imap/ltmp
>> ---
>> > lmtpsocket:           /var/run/imap/lmtp
>>
>> I also got an empty mail message.  I didn't realize that deliver was
>> used, since my sendmail local mailer is writing to the LMTP socket
>> directly.
>
>It doesn't.  Because lmtpd is listening on a named pipe, the easiest way
>to connect to it directly is via deliver.  If you're using the
>cyrusv2.mc file as an example, then you are probably setup correctly
>(provided you have the pipe name correct).

This looks like a false lead.  It fixed deliver, but deliver is not
used for responses from lmtpd.  I do get responses from redirects and
rejects, but not from vacation.

>> I also notice a new message in imap.log, which I've never
>> seen before, but I've seen on the mailing list:
>>
>> Nov 14 14:33:46 setup16 master[9266]: [ID 970914 local6.debug] process
>> 9900 exited, signaled to death by 11
>
>Hmmm.  This *might* be caused by cyrus and sasl being linked against two
>different versions of Berkeley DB.  Or it could be caused by incorrect
>permissions on the /var/imap/deliverdb tree.

I was very careful to link everything with the same DB version, so
that's not likely the problem.  I suspect that it's specific to the
deliver/lmtpd combination, since the error only appeared once, during
the test.

>You didn't see these errors before, with sendmail talking LMTP directly?

No, nothing resembling an error when I'm testing vacation.  I just did
another test while I was trussing the master daemon and any children.
I couldn't see any attempt to respond.  It seems to me that lmtpd is
deciding that a response is not necessary.  In the trace, I can see the
LMTP dialogue with sendmail, I can see it open the sieve script, followed
by nameserver queries, and I can see lots of activity against a DB
file, conf/deliverdb/deliver-m.db.  I can also see it deliver the message
to my mailbox.  However, there is nothing resembling a response.

Is there anything obvious in the deliver-m.db file that I can view
with db_dump?  Ah, I do see two relevant entries:

 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\00user.mills\00
 :\11\d2\fc
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\00.mills+.sieve.\00
 :\11\d2\fd

Maybe I'll just remove the file?  I tried disabling and
enabling the sieve script via websieve, hoping that that would reset
the `last seen' date someplace, but still there was no response.