Kenneth Murchison writes:

>OK, let's try this and see what happens (grasping at straws):

>$ su cyrus
>$ /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -l

Thanks.  I believe we've got it.  It said:

        connect failed: No such file or directory
        421 4.3.0 deliver: connect failed

I found a typo in /etc/imapd.conf:

< lmtpsocket:           /var/run/imap/ltmp
---
> lmtpsocket:           /var/run/imap/lmtp

I also got an empty mail message.  I didn't realize that deliver was
used, since my sendmail local mailer is writing to the LMTP socket
directly.  I also notice a new message in imap.log, which I've never
seen before, but I've seen on the mailing list:

Nov 14 14:33:46 setup16 master[9266]: [ID 970914 local6.debug] process
9900 exited, signaled to death by 11

So, this is progress.  Thanks very much.  This one was hard to find.