I have /usr/cyrus/bin/lmtpd listed as an lmtp listener (server) in my
/etc/cyrus.conf.

The problem, I believe, is that procmail cannot act as an lmtp client.
Therefore, when procmail is introduced in the picture, there is no  way for
procmail to deliver mail to lmtpd.

Either way, I could not get procmail to work with cyrus 2.x.  Werner, are
you able to get procmail to work with cyrus 2.x.?

--Moby