On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 10:06:12AM -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
> > It's written in the upgrade notice, that deliver is only a wrapper to
> > the lmtp server and that a lmtp client is required.
>
> This is NOT true.  Deliver's sole purpose in life in 2.x is so that you
> do NOT need an LMTP client.  It provides the same command line interface
> as in 1.6 and still injects messages into the mailstore.  The only
> difference is that in 2.x it talks to lmtpd instead of dealing with the
> mailstore directly.

That's good to know. I have to admit that I never tried it seriously to
use my config (1.6.24) with cyrus 2.x. I was afraid that it won't work
anymore since I read several postings about problems with procmail and
cyrus/deliver 2.x.

Anyone here who is using procmail (with recipe processing) and cyrus 2.x
successfully?

 Werner