hi all -  i've re-installed cyrus2.0.14 and it's now working ok.  these are the
servers used.

openldap 1.2.12
pam_ldap-113
cyrus-sasl-1.5.24
cyrus-imapd-2.0.14

as philipp has suggested, i changed to openldap 1.2.x and recompiled pam_ldap.  the
set is now working as expected and no more multiple logins required.  thanks philipp.

manuel.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on Mon Jun 11 12:29:41 CST 2001
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on Fri Jun 08 15:42:17 CST 2001
> hi!
>
> thanks a lot 4 ur reply.  it seems to me that there's no simple way that we can use
>cyrus 2.x with ldap at this moment??  i swtiched back to cyrus 1.5.19 w/ pwcheck_ldap
>compiled in.  it is working ok now, and i can continue with the testing.
>
> i m still interested in setting up 2.x with ldap.  but it will not be on my priority
>list now.  we'll keep an eye on the development of the pam_ldap issue that u have
>spotted.  let's hope it will get resolved soon.

[...]

Hi,

i have set up successfully cyrus 2.0.11 with LDAP-Authentication using
pam_ldap. But it was difficult to get pam_ldap working. I had made the
experience that it was very important against which LDAP libraries
pam_ldap was linked. When linking pam_ldap against openldap 2.x i
encountered the error mentioned. In using openldap 1.x or the libraries
from the netscape ldap-sdk 4.1 (which i am now using) the configuration
was successful.

Regards,

Philipp

--
Philipp Sacha - Bosch Telecom GmbH
Business Unit Broadband Network Operations