So run the following then:

openssl rsa -in file.key -out newfile.key

Does this pose a potential security threat though?
Also do I need inetd running ? Many of the HOW TOs
mention the presence of inetd but I am under the
impression that this is what the 'master' program's
responsibility is. I have noticed though if I kill
inetd I get the following which seems a bit spartan
no?

catfish# ps -ef | grep inetd
    root  1627     1  0 21:30:54 ?        0:00
/usr/sbin/inetd -s
catfish# kill 1627
catfish# telnet localhost 993
Trying 127.0.0.1...