Lawrence Greenfield wrote:

>    Notifying the user who has exceeded quota so they can fix the problem
>    immediately, instead of wondering why they haven't any messages for two
>    days, and then calling tech support complaining that "their account is
>    broken".
[...]
> Cyrus sends out ALERTs when the user is over quota, but some clients
> may not display them.

I think Jules was after a text email message being sent to the user
(which brings about its own problems, because the account is already
over-quota, and how do you stop at just one message).  My understanding[1]
is that the ALERT occurs at IMAP protocol level.

[1] Which could be wrong - I haven't looked at IMAP as a protocol for
a while.

--
Regards,
  Daryl Tester,  Software Wrangler and Bit Herder, IOCANE Pty. Ltd.

"Now is the Winter of our Discount Tent."  -- The Red Green Show