On 09/23/01 12:39 PM, Ken Murchison sat at the `puter and typed:

> Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> >
> > I am having a problem getting mail delivered to a mailbox.  I am
> > seeing the +folder coming out of sendmail to procmail, and deliver is
> > being called as described in the manpage for folder delivery, but the
> > message still gets dumped into the INBOX.
> >
> > Any idea how to fix this?  I don't know what in my config might be
> > relevant, so just let me know what info I should provide here.
>
> Make sure that the mailbox in question has posting privileges for user
> 'anyone', ie in cyradm:
>
> sam <mailbox> anyone p

Yes, the permissions are set.  I try to send to userid+folder@host,
where users.userid.folder has anyone p set.  Procmail is calling

deliver -q -m folder -- userid

The procmail log shows deliver being called correctly, but the message
still gets dropped into the INBOX.

This method has been working perfectly - without exception - in 1.6.24
on RH6.2 for over 2 years.  I had so little to do for administration,
I had to go back and reread all the docs!

Now I am looking at the manpage for deliver in 2.0.16, and it still
seems this is the correct syntax for deliver, but I know it is now
being dumped into an lmtp socket for delivery.  So what's up with
that?  Is the lmtp socket capable of taking parameters to deliver to a
folder?  If not, I don't see how lmtp is an improvement.  Seems more
like a step back.

Thanks for the help.
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

No violence, gentlemen -- no violence, I beg of you!  Consider the furniture!
    -- Sherlock Holmes