On Fri 22 Feb 2002 at 16:16:00 -0500, you wrote:

> Ian Macdonald wrote:

>to=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, relay=none, delay=0, status=bounced (Name
>service error for unspecified-domain.google.com: Host not found)

> > > I'm not a Postfix expert (heck, I don't even use it), but my guess would
> > > be that Postfix is re-writing the envelope 'from' address which Sieve
> > > uses as the 'reply-to' address.  I believe that this has been discussed
> > > on the list before.
> >
> > Postfix _is_ doing some rewriting of the MAIL FROM in the envelope,
> > but even if I add the address it's using to the addresses that
> > vacation should recognise, it still doesn't work.
>
> The envelope FROM has nothing to do with :addresses.  :addresses is used
> to compare against the TO/CC/BCC _headers_ in the message.  The envelope
> FROM is what vacation uses as the address to reply to.  This _should_ be
> the same for redirect and reject, I don't know why it would be different
> for vacation (unless Postfix somehow knows the disposition of the
> message before it gets to Sieve -- highly unlikely).

Well, it's not being sent to the MAIL FROM address either, I'm
afraid. The MAIL FROM is a fully qualified on-site address that I
receive mail at, but instead the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
address is used.

Does anyone else have an inkling what might be going on here?

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | knowledge, n.:  Things you believe.
System Administrator        |