On Fri 22 Feb 2002 at 19:04:17 -0600, you wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 05:48:35PM -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
> >

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >
> > > I have been following this thread, and
> > > humbly suggest looking for where the line:
> > >
> > > unspecified-domain.google.com
> > >
> > > is lurking.
> >
> > The "unspecified-domain" is almost certainly being added by lmtpd/sieve.
>
> Yes.  In my Cyrus installation, for example, the sendmail MTA deletes
> the host portion of the envelope recipient addresses.  lmtpd/sieve then
> appends `@unspecified-domain' domain to these addresses.  This behavior
> means that they will never match the recipients real address.

My MTA is Postfix, though, and I have verified that the host is not
being stripped from the RCPT TO: part of the envelope.

> I posted a patch some time ago that allowed lmtpd/sieve to append a
> domain specified in /etc/imapd.conf instead.  It used the
> `servername' parameter, although a separate parameter might be
> better.  Doing this at least gives a chance for the recipient
> addresses to match.

For want of any better suggestions so far, I'll take a look at your
patch and maybe apply it. I hope it still applies to 2.1.2

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | The thrill is here, but it won't last long
System Administrator        | You'd better have your fun before it moves