Rob Siemborski wrote:
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Andrzej Filip wrote:

Would not it be posiible to interpet only heading sieve rules which reject
message based on info available at "RCPT TO:" point ?
First "non reject" or "need information not available yet" sieve rule would
stop "envelope based" sieve rules interpretation.
[ Reject what you know for sure you will reject later - ASAP reject ]

No. What if I have a script like:

if(header :contains "Subject" "Passcode") {
    keep;
    stop;
}

if envelope :all :contains "to" "me+spam@" { reject "spam!"; stop; }

Now if I get any message with a RCPT TO of "me+spam" it will be rejected
if the first test is ignored, even if it shouldn't be.

Let me apply what I suggested to your example:
first rule uses data not available at "RCPT TO:" stage => "envelope based" sieve script interpretation "quits" at this point doing nothing
[ the script is going to be interpreted fully during LMTP delivery ]

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [former: [EMAIL PROTECTED]