Igor Brezac wrote:
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Andrzej Filip wrote:
Igor Brezac wrote:
[...]
This would be nice, but as much as sendmail 'abuses' these maps I wonder
if busier sites would be able to use such maps.

Current sendmail.cf can ask up to 7 virtusertable queries but who said we have to use maps already existing in sendmail.cf ? [e.g. virtusertable or access]

With careful desing of new map queries in sendmail.cf we can reduce number of
queries to single one executed only when "RCPT TO:" is received (in
Scheck_rcpt rule set, no queries during queue runs)

True. However, it would be nice if sendmail provides 'optimized' macros for map lookups, virtuser and especially access come to mind. Most people do not edit sendmail.cf directly.

As I understand we are talking only about sendmail & cyrus integration here and leave discussion about non cyrus related sendmail improvements for news:comp.mail.sendmail.

Cyrus socket map queries handling can be implemented via one cf/feature/cyrusmap.m4 file.

Sendmail.org has already accepted donations of cf/mailer/cyrus.m4 and cf/mailer/cyrusv2.m4 :)

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [former: [EMAIL PROTECTED]