Holm Kapschitzki wrote on 02/01/2006 16:33:
> i would like to know which version of cyrus supports the parameter
> "realm". I have heard Version 2.1.18 cant do that and version 2.1.19
> ignores that parameter. The problem is, i look for a debian package, but
> the only official one i found from "testing" is the 2.1.19

Well, cyrus-imapd-2.2 is available for Debian either from
Debian/experimental (though you might need to compile it on your own for
sarge/etch). Unofficial packages made by the cyrus-imapd packaging team
(i.e. the predecessors of the upcoming packages in debian/testing and
debian/unstable) are available (for example) from:

deb http://mail.incase.de/cyrus22 sarge main
deb-src http://mail.incase.de/cyrus22 sarge main

Binaries are only available for i386 and amd64 from that source. Upload
to debian/unstable is planned to be happening soon, but it was delayed
several times already (for various reasons, mostly because the upgrade
path from the old 2.1 packages isn't exactly working without a flaw) and
that might happen again before we finally upload to debian/unstable.
However, once the upgrade (or new install) has been completed, the
package has been working in production environments for several months
now on a bunch of different (in size and configuration) servers without
any major problems.

Experimental Debian cyrus-imapd-2.3 packages should follow soon I think,
but we are not yet sure when we will tackle that task.

regards,
Sven