Andreas Winkelmann schrieb:

Am Monday 02 January 2006 16:33 schrieb Holm Kapschitzki:

i would like to know which version of cyrus supports the parameter
"realm". I have heard Version 2.1.18 cant do that and version 2.1.19
ignores that parameter. The problem is, i look for a debian package, but
the only official one i found from "testing" is the 2.1.19

"-r" was implemented with 2.1.19. Usernames with @domain-Part do not work with 2.1.17 and 2.1.18.

Thanks.

(Why do you ask this question in multiple Mailinglists? Is this a contest?)

I thought for the debian package the debian mailinglist is a good idea, too. But the all asked were answered at this list..

Alexander Dalloz schrieb:

With "cyrus" I assume you are speaking about Cyrus SASL, not Cyrus

IMAPd. Both are different software.

I mean cyrus-sasl thats right.

"realm". I have heard Version 2.1.18 cant do that and version 2.1.19 ignores that parameter. The problem is, i look for a debian package, but the only official one i found from "testing" is the 2.1.19

Further I guess you are speaking about saslauthd and its parameter "-r"

man 8 saslauthd

"-r      Combine the realm with the login (with an [EMAIL PROTECTED] sign in
between).  e.g.  login: "foo" realm: "bar" will
            get passed as login: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  Note that the realm will
still be passed, which may lead to unex-
            pected behavior."

If you grep through the changelog you will find that with release 2.1.19
of Cyrus SASL this capability was added.

Alexander

I think one method is saslauthd, but i want to use auxprop with the sql plugin to authenticated the users. And at this way i need this line for sql in my smtpd.conf

sql_statement: SELECT password from mailbox where username='[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

cause i want to use cyrus to manage virtual domains

greetings