On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

> From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Paul Haldane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: info-cyrus@lists.andrew.cmu.edu
> Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:38:20 +0100
> Subject: Re: delivering to over-quota users based on sender

> we do this with Exim, so I can't offer help with the Sendmail
> definitions. for messages which qualify, we use a special mailer
> ("transport" in Exim terminology) which invokes "deliver -q".
> normal delivery happens with LMTP. it is possible to do this
> directly in LMTP (that's what deliver(8) does), but Exim doesn't
> support sending the required parameter ("IGNOREQUOTA") in the
> RCPT TO command. although deliver(8) isn't as reliable as direct
> LMTP, the volume of such exceptional messages should be so low it
> doesn't matter much.

exim-4.60 comes with support for IGNOREQUOTA on the lmtp transport.
So you should be able to write a transport of the form:

cyrus_ltmp_ignore_quota:
  driver = smtp
  protocol = lmtp
  hosts = LOOPBACK
  lmtp_ignore_quota = true
  hosts_override = true
  allow_localhost = true

to deliver to an lmtp daemon listening on the loopback address.

I've not really tried this, but doesn't it work?
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               Phone: +44 1225 386101