> I have seen such problems occur when Outlook is left running for long
> periods of time. Believe it or not, a complete reboot of Windows is
> often necessary. Simply restarting Outlook is not always sufficient.

I'll second that rather grim pronouncement.  Outlook's IMAP handling is
DEFECTIVE.  It really cannot reliably stay connected to an IMAP server.
It's been broken in all versions but 2003 seems to be the MOST defective.
It plainly just doesn't work.  I have seem it require a complete reboot of
the PC to free it up.

If you use an IMAP server don't depend on getting Outlook to work with it.

Now, Outlook Express?  That works, quite handily.

-Bill Kearney