On Thu, 02 Feb 2006, Anthony Chavez wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 00:47:52 -0200 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Thu, 02 Feb 2006, Anthony Chavez wrote:
> >> Nevertheless, either Cyrus still doesn't recognize that the mail has
> >> been received (even though Postfix logs that it has been passed to
> >
> > Disable IDLE support in Cyrus. Does that fix the issue?
>
> I seem to remember having problems when IDLE was not enabled.  I don't
> remember the details, but it seems like Outlook requires it or the build
> fails or something like that.  Sound familiar at all?

No, but I suggest a search on the list archives, there's a lot about outlook
and also about IDLE in them.  As for the build failing, it shouldn't. If it
does, it is a bug.

That said, I recall that if enabled, IDLE timeout must be kept fairly low,
less than 30 minutes or somesuch, or else outcrook croaks.  The archives
will have more info.

> > Get people using crap like outlook to use pop3, their clients are not good
> > enough for anything else anyway.
>
> This is unfortunate, especially since we just performed a mass-migration
> From POP3 to IMAP.

I was exaggerating a bit, but the sad truth is that Outlook and friends are
among the worst IMAP clients you will find (due to quirks and bugs in their
IMAP code).

There are others in this list with extensive Outlook support experience,
they can tell you what is needed to get those **** things to work reasonably
well with Cyrus.

  Henrique Holschuh