--On 2. Februar 2006 22:36:25 +0100 Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

we have an old installation, so we're using LVS (2 directors in
active/active) in front of Perdition (2 frontends) in front of 16 Cyrus
instances running on three nodes sharing a SAN.  the cluster software
handling the three nodes is HP ServiceGuard.

Wow, that's a lot of nodes. I wonder if and why so many are necessary in your case? We have a HA cluster using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and its Cluster Suite. There are just two nodes and only one is active at a time (the other handles other jobs, though). We also use LVS but only for SMTP and virus scanning (running on four nodes). We have roughly 40,000 accounts and this one server handles them all quite well. Usually I/O is the limiting factor for Cyrus, and that's where our SAN infrastructure is invaluable.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK