I have a couple of resources that may be helpful when you consider the issue of
keyboarding.

1) Utah has a nice website of education and technology topics.  See:

http://www.usoe.k12.ut.us/ate/keyboarding/key.htm

and also the research articles on this topic:

http://www.usoe.k12.ut.us/ate/keyboarding/research/elementary.htm

2) Education World also has archives related to keyboarding:

http://www.education-world.com/a_tech/archives/keyboard.shtml

3) And I do know that the ISTE standards recommned that a 5th grader -use input
devices such as keyboards efficiently...  by the end of 5th grade.
http://cnets.iste.org/students/s_profile-35.html

Hope this helps,
Nancy

--
~PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF ADDRESS~

Nancy Movall
Instructional Technology Consultant for School Improvement
Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency
824 Flindt Drive Suite 105
Storm Lake, IA 50588
(712) 732-2257