[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>scan email and http
George makes a good point - one can block many, if not all of these at the
firewall.  The question I have is whether the firewall is _really_ enough
protection.  SonicWall, for example, has their attachment scans, but it's
not updated live unless you have their AV protection... and that blocks
PCs if they're not updated - manually I assume. (Anyone using that100%?)

I worry about the zip disk that carries in a virus, or the personal laptop
that could infect the server(s). internally.

A lecture I attended ages ago that suggested that we ought to keep
desktops and servers on different products so as to elmininate vendor
dependence.  If one is company is slow to update, the other would
hopefully kick in.

My two cents' - again.

Steve Scarbrough, Technology Coordinator
Storm Lake Community School District