When I talked to our curriculum coordinator, Sue Wood, about this, she said
that she'd looked at the tests 4 years ago, but ran into a problem.

She says that one of the requirements for the second (alternate)
assessments is that they be in a different format from the first
assessment--which for all of us is ITED/ITBS. At the time she looked at the
NWEA MAP tests they were the same format.

Has that changed?  If not, how are Districts working around that?

Any information you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

C.

At 10:15 AM 2/26/04 -0600, you wrote:
>Greetings all,
>
>Here is what I have planned.
>
>I talked to Maggie Decker from NWEA. She is based in Portland, OR. She is
>going to come to Eagle Grove on the 11th of March to do a little
>presentation on what NWEA is and what it can do.
>
>Here is how I envision the day going.
>
>9:00 - 11:00  Maggie will give her presentation.  And a hands on demo of the
>client. I think and so does she that this would be a good presentation for
>administrative teams and curriculum coordinators and it may also be okay for
>the tech people.
>
>11:15-12:15 Lunch, we have a Godfather's in town with a buffet, there is
>LeWright's which is one of my favorites, the Family Table and Sum Hing which
>is very good Chinese.
>
>12:30-1:30  Tech info, how to set it up, client and server side and hands on
>demo of the client and client setup.
>
>1:30-??? If anyone wants a to see how our network is set up, I can give a
>tour.
>
>Maggie is going to make along trip and there was positive initial response,
>I would really recommend that you discuss this with your admin teams as
>there is a definite need for alternative assessments in NCLB.  We all use
>ITBS and those that are using NWEA have had very positive response to it.
>If we could firm up some numbers by the middle of next week I would
>appreciate it.
>

>Is there anyone on this list who could also post to the principal and
>superintendents list?
>
>Thanks for your time.
>--
>Lance L. Lennon
>District Technology Director
>Eagle grove Community School District
>515-448-5143
>

>---
>[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus on the server

>Archived messages from this list can be found at:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
>This E-mail was scanned for viruses by servers at the
>Fort Dodge Community School District

Charlton H. Pendry
Director of Technology and Library Media Services
Fort Dodge Community Schools
104 S. 17th St.
Fort Dodge, IA  50501
Voice:  515-574-5668
FAX:   515-574-5324
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Weekley Rule for Writeres  (Rejected by Strunk and White's "The Elemunts of
Stile")
Rule #21. Eliminate commas, that are, not necessary.  Parenthetical words
however should be enclosed in commas.