Does anyone use a program called Deep Freeze that restores PCs to the exact configuration as when they were started for the day?  I know that there are at least two versions - a basic and a professional.  From questions to deepfreeze.com, the basic version even erases anti-virus updates that may have been automatically installed during the day.  The professional version has a way around that.  Any files saved to the "C" drive or desktop during the day are also erased on restart.

I'm trying to find a way to eliminate the student-installed stuff and any spybots that might be installed behind the scenes  short of manually deleting them and running SpyBot or Ad-Aware.  There are ways to manually or through network management to "unfreeze" the machines to install software that a teacher/administrator/tech person wants there.

Brian Ney
N. Kossuth