Bill wrote:
>nothing works yet. any more ideas?

How about this...
----------
In Microsoft Office 2000, Office XP, or Office 2003, how do I restore the
installation to its original state?
Windows 2000 or XP

Note: The Windows XP default desktop view and Start menu are different from the
Windows Classic View (e.g., in Windows 2000). Therefore, navigating to certain
items can be different. In the interest of broad applicability, most Knowledge
Base
instructions assume you are using Classic View. For information about switching
your Windows XP default view to Classic View, see the Knowledge Base document
In Windows XP, how do I switch to the Windows Classic View, Classic theme, or
Classic Control
Panel?

   1. Put the correct copy of the Microsoft Office CD in your CD-ROM drive. For
example, if you installed Microsoft Office 2000 Professional, then be sure to
use the Microsoft Office 2000 Professional CD.

   2. Click the Start button. From the menu that appears, select Settings, then
Control Panel.

   3. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.

   4. Click the Change or Remove Programs button. In the window that appears,
click your version of Microsoft Office to highlight it.

   5. Click the Change button, then the Repair Office button. In you don't see
a Change button, click Click here for support information. , then click Repair.

   6. In Office XP, choose the radio button labeled Repair Office-Restore your
Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage installation to its original
state. In Office 2000, choose the radio button labeled Repair errors in my
Office installation.

   7. Click the Finish or Close button.

Steve Scarbrough
Technology Coordinator